Being a successful tutor is not just about being good at taking standardized tests. We look for talented, self-starting candidates who are excellent test-takers and communicators.
Compass provides extensive training in our specific approach. That said, we also invite tutors to use their experience and instincts to customize an ideal program for each student.
- Tutor some combination of SAT/PSAT, ACT, ISEE/SSAT, AP exams, academic subjects, and study skills
- Focus on tutoring – we find you clients
- Work between 5 and 20 hours/week
- Make your own schedule
- Meet with students one-on-one, in-home and online
- Higher rates for premium locations
- Paid initial training and ongoing professional development
- Regular rate reviews
- Engaging, professional, coachable
- Willing and able to travel to students' homes
- Proficient with SAT and/or ACT
- Loves one-on-one work
- Previously tutored, coached, or mentored students
- Graduated from a selective college or university
- Primarily high school juniors and seniors
We will contact you shortly if there is a potential fit between our needs and your qualifications and availability.